Wednesday, August 19, 2009

signed, sealed, delivered

It is a busy time in my life. I have to choose my civil servitude wisely. Some things I'm just not going to have time to do whether I like it or not. I will never be a police ociffer, hic, pardon me, officer. Nor will I serve my country in the military. I won't be a congressman, I mean, woman, er, person. And I'll never, ever get the chance to be a judge, a mayor, or the President of the United States.

This is a cross I must bear.

But there is one thing I can do. Oh yes, one thing. In my little workaday life, I can alert the media when somebody has a brake light out. Never fear. Edie's here.

I performed this service today when I drove around a mail carrier's SUV. Out here in the country, our mail carriers don't have bona fide, property-of-the-US-guberment mail trucks. Oh no. The mail carriers where I live, get their personal vehicles modified to accomodate shuffling mail through the passenger's side window.

How cool is that? I'm dying to drive one of these things. Wait a minute, maybe I can. My neighbor is a rural mail carrier. I bet her car has the same kind of rig in it. Maybe if I make her some brownies I can drive her car and pretend I live in Britian or something. Wouldn't that just be the coolest thing?!? "Cheerio. A parcel for you, dear. Ta ta."

At any rate, this postal carrier dude had a brake light out, and as luck would have it, his driver's side window was down a bit so I could let him know he was driving in danger. Perilous, perilous danger.

Now if you'll excuse me, I hafta go make some brownies.

link: stevie wonder