Thursday, August 20, 2009

the eyes have it

Are these not the most stunning eyes you have ever seen? What is it about steel gray eyes that completely slays me? Or are they blue? I don't know. I don't care. I can't look at them. Not for long. They aren't good for me. They lose me in their beauty and intrigue. I am powerless. I have no resolve.

My apologies. Let me introduce you. This is Aimey. She is more than just beautiful eyes. She has a tender heart and poignant spiritual observations. Her eyes dance when she speaks of those she loves. She is unabashedly giving of her time for the right reasons. And she is diligent, doggedly diligent. Along with those eyes she has this captivating Utahn accent that I've never heard from another human being. If I needed another reason to be captivated, there I have it.

Yet this isn't so much about her, it is about those eyes. Her eyes and eyes like hers.

I am completely at their mercy, those eyes. Please make them stop. Lest I promise to do bad things. They could tell me to jump from the highest precipice, and I'd jump. They could implore me to go to the ends of the earth, and I'd go.

I can't stand to look. You must make them stop. Oh, but don't take them away. I have to stare into them for as long as I can bear. They taunt me. And draw me in. I am powerless. I am weak. I must obey.

link: lemonade makin' mama, robert's rules of order, those eyes